Looking for a permanent 1-time hard shell coating for your truck frame or equipment? Hard-On by woolwax™ is what you need. Originally developed as a chip guard for trailer trucks this formula is perfect for any long term applications. Hard-On is water based , so it has almost no smell. Dries to the touch in about 1 hour, and after 72 hours it is fully cured.
by woolwax™ was developed to be used on both ferrous (steel, stainless steel, cast iron, and wrought iron) and non-ferrous
metals (aluminum, brass, copper, tin,). In addition, this formula will
adhere to primers and oily steel. Hard-On can be recoated with most
urethane, acrylic or resin formulated automotive topcoats.
Hard-On by Woolwax™ is an excellent solution for wheel wells which is always a high wash area.
Hard-On™ is a water based coating that can be used on any metal surface. No smell. Paint or spray on.
Woolwax Hard-On is a high performance, permanent 1-time hard shell coating. NOT rubber. For those people that want a "1 time" application, as opposed to an annual maintenance products, Hard-On is a great choice. If you decide to go with Hard-On permanent coating, you will also need a cavity wax for the enclosed protected areas. We highly recommend Creep N' Crawl Cavity wax. This can be found at the the link here: Creep N' Crawl Cavity Wax.
Hard-On can easily be sprayed or painted on the surface.
Please read instructions carefully
· This coating dries to a pure black. This is NOT a rubber coating. This dries to a very hard coating.
· Drying time is 60 minutes to the touch, and 72 hours to be fully cured.
· Expected life expectancy is 5-10 years depending on use.
· The surface does not need to be pristine. Hard-On™ is developed to be applied on used, slightly rusted, oily, or imperfect surfaces.
· This product can freeze. Always store above 50 degrees.
· Ideal temperature to apply is 50-90 degrees F.
· Recommended dry thickness: 6 mils. Coverage: 60+/- sf /gallon
· Do not thin Hard-On. Must be applied at full strength.
· This coating is not intended to be removed (be certain that you want a permanent coating).
· Wipe off any overspray immediately with damp cloth before it begins to dry.
· Keep unused product securely closed to keep air out.
· In addition to corrosion preventive, Hard-On is also a chip guard.
· Incredible durable protection from salt, rust, moisture, and road debris.
· Acts as a sound and vibration deadener.· Ideal product for very long-term vehicle protection as well as trailers, RV’s, school buses, motor homes, truck box trailers, delivery trucks, and more.
** Hard-On by woolwax™ is not high-heat resistant. Typically undercoating formulas primary function is as a corrosion inhibiting agent. Developing a coating that is also high-heat resistant is not an option due to the cost being to high to sell to the majority of undercoating users. It is very costly to make it high-heat resistant.
Hard-On by woolwax™ will burn off at 140° F and should not be applied to tailpipes, mufflers, engine blocks, etc. A typical heat resistant coating will tolerate 800 - 1000°F.
If you are not sure that you want a permanent (cannot be removed) coating, please contact us for more information. Once applied, there are no do-overs. Please consider this carefully.
Spray Guns- Hard-On by woolwax™ is a relatively low viscosity water-based coating and can be applied with almost any undercoating gun.
Click here for application instructions.
Select a row below to filter reviews.
Sign up for Woolwax™ discount emails.
We don't send much email and we won't bother you with junk. We hate spam, and we will never share your information with anyone.